Since having kids, I’ve realized that I had to make a CHOICE….
to be brave and go out in public with my whole crew.
I had to not fear the poopy explosions…
or the target dollar bin pre-lunch/nap time meltdowns…
or the crying in the car…
or the holding of two children while trapping the 3rd with your legs while
you try and look at the prices of that last grocery item on your list.
I’ve learned that In order to face my fear…I have to be PREPARED.
So I’m sharing what’s in my diaper bag! (which is actually my purse-from H&M)
With this being my third baby… I have narrowed it down to the
basics of survival when out n about.
1. I usually can get away with just packing 3 diapers. Down to one child in diapers.. so two are for micah and one backup.. for that moment your 2 yr old needs to pee at the park and there is NO WAY you are going in that nasty park bathroom. strap that diaper on her baby. (we do what we gotta do)
2. Bottle. soon to be a sippy cup. Filled with water for micah. He nurses..but sometimes he will let me zoom and keep him in the stroller/car seat if I give him the bottle of water.
3. Puffs! Love these things.. except for that moment you get home and realize you ran errands all day with “puff goo” on your shoulder. lovely. but seriously. they are life savers for micah. He likes to pick them up from his tray. (good for fine motor skills!) Make sure to keep an eye on your 2 yr old who will try to sneak and eat ALL OF THEM.
4. Change of clothes. I used to pack one for 2 of my littles..
but now I’m just down to micah. The day you don’t pack a change of clothes..
you will have a poopy explosion of your nightmares.
you have been warned………..
6. Mommy sustenance. I am loving Austin Cheese Crackers right now.
But the idea is to just pack something that you can easily snack to
refuel so you can combat the mutiny going on in the backseat.
And when he has a little rash, If I put this on every diaper change, it clears up quickly!
My problem is remembering to put it on! So I make sure
I have a tube of this in my bag when I’m out…and a tube in my
basket in our family room (which is also filled with diapers/wipes)
I sometimes nurse like a champ in the front seat of the car in the parking lot without a cover(only accidently flashed a handful of people)..but I’m most comfortable nursing with a cover. Even if it’s just a blanket or a shirt! This cover though makes it easy to nurse modestly and privately while still having easy motion to juggle your other two kids.
9. OXO Tot Flippy Snack Cup. Great container to hold BRIBERY. A snack cup full of goldfish has the power to turn your children into angels. (temporarily..so work fast)
The lid’s flaps make it so you don’t end up with gold fish swimming around
and getting crushed in your diaper bag.
It’s a twist off lid too so it wont pop up.
Still use it with him being 23 pounds. It saves me. I have the basic black..
Heard great things about the breeze stye as well.
11. Makeup bag. Because I try to not look like a hot mess while out in public.
That is what is in my bag…
Who knows. AND YES. my husband took her to the grocery store like this.
(BOTTOM LEFT: MELT DOWN BECAUSE DRESS IS TOO
POOFY TO WALK UP STEPS. #PRINCESS PROBLEMS.)
Do not fear taking children in public!!
Pack what you need… expect a little crazy…
and enjoy your fresh air and compliments on your CUTE kids…
Ignore any crazy looks and take lightly the parenting advice from older ladies…
You are doing awesome! :)
Dr. Smith’s has a fun giveaway going on now to celebrate that they are now available nationwide at Walgreens!
The Giveaway includes a $200 Walgreens Gift Card for 1st place and two runners ups can win a $50 Walgreens Gift Card. All three winners also get a supply of Dr. Smith’s as well!
Enter to win below!